Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 48
Work Schedule: 8:30-5
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The MHC Counseling Service meets the mental health needs of the MHC community by providing a wide range of services to students and providing consultation to the larger community. This position supports the department administratively and shares the duties of front line contact/receptionist for students and others who engage with the department.
Daily administrative responsibilities:
- Reception of clients, in-person and telephone interaction with students, parents, faculty, staff, and off-campus providers.
- Scheduling student appointments and maintaining master schedule for clinicians.
- Handling and facilitating requests for emergency services and support.
- Maintaining confidential client records and communications.
- Processing and documentation of medical leaves, extensions, withdrawals, insurance referrals, record releases and requests, and assisting with any other record keeping needs for the department.
- Assist with the management and technical troubleshooting of electronic medical record software (Titanium), including user account creation/deactivation, resolving user connectivity issues, and calling in outside support when necessary.
Executive administrative support:
- Assisting clinicians with special projects and events, supply orders, and managing contracts and communications with invited speakers and facilitators.
- Assisting clinicians and Director of the Counseling Service in compiling data reports.
- Assisting Director and Associate Director with candidate search processes and on-boarding of new employees; other projects as needed.
- Analyzing overall efficiency of administrative procedures and making functional improvements, attending trainings as needed.
- Managing and monitoring annual operating budget for the department.
- Documenting and reconciling operating expenditures in internal budget record and reporting to Financial Services department.
- Timely submission of all reimbursements, invoice payments, and travel expense reports with appropriate documentation.
- Management of department purchasing card and all office supply orders.
- Tracking and approval of paid leave for all benefitted clinicians.
Qualifications: Computer proficiency, adherence to confidentiality, interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Penchant for being a team player, preference for a fast paced - never boring environment, sense of humor, proficiency with google docs, excel and google sheets, budget experience, experience in a health care/counseling setting, budget experience, previous MHC administrative assistant experience.
Physical Demands: Typical office environment - sitting at desk - ambulating around office and reaching to open and close sliding reception window
Working Conditions: Fast paced team environment dealing at times with crisis situations where confidentiality and the ability to stay calm is required.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified
employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully
carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate
background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as
the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver
Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and
Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing
interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.