Job no: 492759
Work type: Staff Part-time
Location: South Hadley, MA
Position Type: Staff Part-time
Hours per week: 25
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: 8am - 3:30pm and 12pm - 6:30pm
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
This position delivers mail to campus departments using a College owned vehicle. The position also drives College owned vehicles, including a 7, 12 and 28 passenger van, to transport students to college sponsored events and activities. This position will be 25 hours per week, some evenings and weekends may be needed. This position reports to the Fleet Coordinator, Fleet Services.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive a college-owned vehicle in order to deliver faculty, staff and administrative mail and packages to designated campus locations
- May assist with sorting of faculty, staff and administrative mail and packages, prepare that mail to be loaded into the mail van, load the mail van
- May be asked to be a substitute drive for the access ride vehicle, admissions transportation or off-campus trips
- Drive college-owned vehicles for college-sponsored activities both on and off campus as scheduled.
- Position may require occasional overnight trips
- Performs other duties as assigned
• 3-5 years of similar driving experience
• Excellent driving record
• Must drive with care and superior judgement
• Must be professional at all times and maintain excellent customer service
• Must be able to successfully complete the College’s driver credentialing program
• Must provide a copy of RMV driving record
• Valid Commonwealth of Massachusetts Driver’s license
• Essential job function requires sitting (driving) for periods of time.
• Essential job function requires operation of foot and/or hand controls.
• Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, writing by hand, sort/file paperwork, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the College will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
• Work is normally performed driving a vehicle.
• Limited physical effort is required.
• Travel both and off campus required
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified
employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully
carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate
background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as
the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver
Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and
Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing
interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend