Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: M-F
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Investment Office invests and oversees the Mount Holyoke College endowment. The endowment is a key institutional resource and supports a third of the operating budget. The endowment stands at approximately $1 billion.
The Analyst/Director position will work in close collaboration with the Chief Investment Officer to invest and oversee investment strategies and relationships across multiple asset classes with a focus on private investments. The Senior Investment Analyst/Associate Director position will be responsible for producing high quality work, including material that is readily presentable to constituencies inside and outside of the Investment Office. The Mount Holyoke College Investment Office is located in the Boston metro area.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aid in determining overall portfolio strategy, including broad asset allocation decisions
- Source and evaluate investment opportunities across asset classes with a focus on private investments including, but not limited to, venture capital, growth equity, buyouts, real assets
- Evaluate, monitor and manage existing relationships in the endowment portfolio
- Lead or co-lead due diligence on external investment funds, conduct analytics and reference calls
- Lead special projects and areas of research
- Prepare and deliver oral and written investment reports and proposals
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Political Science or a related field with a record of high academic achievement
• Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills
• Excellent communication skills: demonstrated command of written communication and strong business writing skills; ability and willingness to engage in conversation with internal and external parties
• Demonstrated leadership, integrity and initiative
• Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
• Strong demonstrated interest in investments and capital markets
• Knowledge and interest in a diverse range of investment strategies
• Excellent problem-solving, analytic and quantitative skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Ability to establish credibility within the office and College community, and with representatives of external managers and service providers
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and deliver results in a demanding setting
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
• Minimum three years of working experience
Physical Demands: Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work
involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the
discriminations in sound.
Working Conditions: Employee operates office equipment and computers to perform essential duties and
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified
employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully
carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate
background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as
the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver
Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and
Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing
interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.