Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: 8:30-4:00
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Financial Budget Analyst is responsible for performing a variety of financial, administrative and accounting functions. Reporting to the Budget Director, and in collaboration with the Controller, the financial analyst will provide analysis of budgetary data, interpret and apply budget guidelines, endowment analysis and projections as well as developing and creating various adhoc reports. The Financial Analyst will also act as the Rental Housing liaison between MHC and the (three-college) Rental Housing Department.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the College's annual budget process through the development of reports and presentations for communicating budget and other financial information to various audiences.
- Serve as budget liaison to campus departments for financial and budgetary training and analytical needs.
- Update financial system (Lawson) with final budget entry, budget transfers and maintenance of current year budget and journal entries as needed.
- Preparation of the annual Rental Housing budget; reviewing all tenant leases; providing information for annual March tenant mailing; facilitate the rental assignment process and review and approve monthly Rental Housing invoices for payment.
- Assist in the establishment, analysis and use of restricted funds when appropriate.
Qualifications: ● Three to five years of related accounting/budget experience.
● Superb office and technological skills with a high level of proficiency in Google Apps, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office suite is required, especially proficiency in Excel and ability to create complex spreadsheets and reports.
● Ability to work independently, prioritize work duties, and demonstrate effective time management skills; ability to multi-task and transition quickly between priorities to address specific situations, and to manage multiple, concurrent projects, and still meet strict deadlines.
● Independently deal with sensitive information tactfully. Good judgment, experience working with confidential records and information, and attention to detail are essential.
● Excellent organizational skills and techniques, and a proven track record of accuracy and efficiency.
● Strong human relations and interpersonal skills to maintain effective, professional, and cooperative working relationships with supervisors and coworkers, and all internal and external customers including department chairs, faculty, and staff.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in a clear and courteous manner with a diverse internal and external customer base. Ability to provide quality customer service in a responsive and helpful manner.
Preferred Qualifications: ● Proven experience with and broad knowledge of college policies and procedures, including budgeting principles, practices, and procedures to assist in budget development and analysis, and knowledge of accounting principles and practices as they apply to purchase orders, accounts payable, expense reimbursement, and transfers of funds.
● Experience reading and analyzing budget reports and financial statements.
Physical Demands: Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Speaking:Sufficient clarity of speech required includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
Visual:The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
Employee operates office equipment and computers to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
Working Conditions: The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified
employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully
carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate
background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as
the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver
Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and
Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online by application deadline. Application materials must include 1) a cover letter summarizing
interests and qualifications, 2) a complete resume or curriculum vitae, and 3) contact information for 3
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.