Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Facilities Management Planning & Construction group supports the administration, faculty, staff and students in the quality planning and development of facilities projects that support our mission. Our talented staff work in various crafts including, cleaning (night and day custodial, housekeeping), building trades (painting, carpentry, locksmith, electrical, HVAC, plumbing), as well as, on the grounds, and in the stockroom. Our office handles over 18,000 telephone calls per year and we respond to over 12,000 service requests. We are responsible for maintaining 300 acres and more than 2,000,000 square feet of property in 100+ buildings.
Mount Holyoke College has several full-time positions. This position is typically scheduled to work 40 hours per week, Sunday, 6:00am-2:30pm and Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm-12:30pm. Positions are fully benefited. Occasional off-hours, holiday, and overtime assignments will be required.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- General cleaning tasks at campus buildings
- Sweeping, vacuuming and washing floors
- Emptying waste receptacles
- Cleaning and disinfecting restroom toilets, sinks, countertops, mirrors, showers and high touch surfaces
- Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures
- Communicate building and safety concerns, report need for repair or services
- Snow removal assignments
- Additional duties as assigned
•Adhere to a detailed cleaning program
•Operate cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools
•Follow safety protocol, includes cleaning chemical usage and storage
•Preference will be given to candidates with previous cleaning experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with previous cleaning experience.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds, good motor skills, the ability to exert force to move objects, perform repetitive motion tasks, stair climbing, bending/crouching, pushing, pulling.
- Employee handles a range of hazardous materials, including cleaning chemicals and supplies.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.