Associate Director of Digital Engagement
Job no: 493167
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: South Hadley, MA
Categories: Advancement/ Alumnae Affairs, Communications/ Marketing, Event Planning
Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: Majority of work will take place on campus (or in accordance with the Alumnae Association's remote work structure), Monday through Friday between 8:00am to 5:00pm; occasional travel
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Alumnae Association of Mount Holyoke College is a non-profit, independent organization providing diverse programs, expertise, and resources to foster lifelong learning and empower alums to connect with each other and the College. The purpose of this position is to facilitate high-impact digital connections for the global network of Mount Holyoke alums.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using data informed decisions to choose, develop and support online learning opportunities for alums
- Planning and implementing a digital engagement strategy for alum engagement in collaboration with the Director of Engagement
- Developing and implementing online events and programs that are easily replicable
- Overseeing online learning opportunities including the online book club and webinars
- Project managing connections platform and collaborating with other college departments on use
- Providing support for other Association platforms such as the Volunteer Hub
- Offering opportunities to all other Alumnae Association staff on best use of digital engagement for alums
- Collaborating with campus partners including Development, Career Development Center and student organizations on digital engagement opportunities
- Ensuring that program delivery and outcomes are consistent with the Alumnae Association’s ongoing investment in diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Supporting other signature on-campus events including Reunion
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree and 3 – 5 years of experience in a role that has high regard for exceptional customer relations
• Experience executing online programming and webinars
• Comfortable learning new technology
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals from diverse communities
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with diverse constituents in this external-facing role
• Strong strategic planning and implementation skills and must be able to lead efforts in setting priorities and meeting goals
• Effective volunteer manager with the ability to recruit, train, engage, and lead volunteers towards meeting shared goals
• Detail-oriented, efficient, and able to handle diversified tasks concurrently
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access), online learning platforms and database management
• Ability to work with highly confidential information
• Evening and weekend hours are involved and the ability to travel is required
• Preferred experience in alum relations or higher education
• Experience working with virtual communities is a plus
• Operate a motor vehicle
• US driver's license (preferred)
• Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Sufficient clarity of speech required includes those which permit the employee to discern verbal instructions and communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
• Employee talks in front of large groups occasionally.
• Employee speaks with alums, students and faculty by telephone, e-mail, or in person on a daily basis.
• Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
• Repetitive motion: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
•The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and extensive reading.
•Employee operates office equipment and computers to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
•Employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
- Evening and weekend work is required (minimum 5 weekends per year)
- Occasional outdoor work, depending on nature of events and programs
- Occasional travel
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend