Office Manager & Assistant to the Dean of Studies
Job no: 493769
Work type: Staff Full-time
Location: South Hadley, MA
Categories: Administrative/ Executive/ Office Support
Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
To provide administrative support to the Office of Student Success and Advising, overseeing key processes essential to the operation of the office, overseeing the day-to-day workflows of the office, and at times providing specific support within different areas as needed (including the work of the academic deans, disability services, and pathways), maintaining documentation for and evaluating college practices and policies, overseeing student assistants, and providing administrative support to the Dean of Studies.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain, and review systems to support core division functions, including academic standing and academic honor code
- Work in collaboration with colleagues to ensure adequate documentation, records maintenance, and compliance of core office processes and College practices and policies.
- Lead on communications, including internal and external facing content related to core offices within the Office of Student Success and Advising.
- Supervise student office assistants.
- Provide additional coverage for clerical activities, including answering phones, greeting students, and problem-solving on more complete issues during the day.
- Support the business analyst with ongoing technical support and maintenance of the College’s advising software solution.
- Ability to summarize data and present findings in reports and communications for internal and external audiences
- Develop a working knowledge of operational systems of academic deans, pathways, and disability services to allow for operational support to processes as needed.
- Provide budget support to the dean of studies
- Calendar management assistance for the dean of studies
- Ability to work with sensitive or confidential information with integrity and efficiency
- Clerical duties
- Other related tasks
- BA required
- Systems thinking and the ability to think creatively about processes and streamlining to improve efficiency
- Understanding of data and facility with numbers, visualization techniques, and reporting techniques
- Strong writing skills and effective written and oral communication
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Facility with spreadsheets
- Comfort working with confidential information
- Knowledge of student information systems (Colleague) is a plus
- Flexibility and adaptability to new or unfamiliar situations
- Team player
- Standard background check as part of MHC.
Physical Demands: N/A
- Semi-private space on the 3rd floor of Mary Lyon
At Mount Holyoke College, we prioritize the safety and well-being of our community members. To ensure this, we require all new hires, affiliates, and others to undergo comprehensive background checks before joining our institution. Our Office of Human Resources manages and conducts these checks, including screenings for CORI, SORI, credit history, and driver credentials. Additionally, the Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management works to coordinate and facilitate these checks in accordance with our policies.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Contact information for three professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a college that prioritizes gender diversity and welcomes students of all genders. The college is devoted to ensuring that all its employees and students have equal access to opportunities in education and employment. As per state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status. Furthermore, the college does not discriminate based on gender when selecting students for its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend