Position Type: Staff Part-time
Hours per week: 24
Weeks per year: 33
Work Schedule: Tuesday, Friday & Saturday (6:00am-2:00pm)
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
Looking to join a team of highly effective and dynamic hospitality professionals? Join Dining Services where we deliver an exceptional hospitality experience for students, faculty and staff. Work in an environment where hard work, professional growth and learning are valued.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- In absents of full time driver, fills in if needed.
- Receives all in-coming orders according to proper receiving procedures.
- Checks invoices of incoming stock against order received Puts product away in respective designated locations in a timely manner
- Review transfer requests from previous night with Production Manager Review and communicate with Production Manager any shorts that were called in or that will not be covered by the next day transfers or deliveries
- Organize storage area, walk in & freezer Receive incoming orders: Take note of any low, out of stock or excessive items
- Check needs and orders in FoodPro to determine if any low or missing product.
- Communicate with Production Manager any immediate needs.
- Gather and pull product for thaws and pre-production
- Issue Stock that is above the needs that were forecasted, verity any shorts it may lead to and notify
- Production Manager. Maintains clean and organized storage & receiving area Modify deliveries in FoodPro with approval.
- Data entry – input invoices with approval. Responsible for assisting in inventory on weekly basis as directed by Production Manager
- Must be able to work with others, including students, as well as work alone without supervision.
- Assists in training student workers where needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager
• Must have good communication skills, both written and orally, with a sound understanding of the English language.
• Must possess basic computer skills
• Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
• Must be able to lift/move an average of 50 pounds without restrictions.
• Willingness to participate in a Serv Safe class to obtain Food Protection Manager Certification is required.
• Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
- Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
- Must comply with proper dress code as designated by Department.
- Familiarity with Food Management System preferred
• Routinely lifts/moves an average of 50-70 pounds. May occasionally lift 100 pounds.
• Lifting: 50% or more time at work (requires bending and twisting).
• Must know proper lifting procedures.
• Ability to carry product a distance.
• Ability to lift 40-pound cases of product to a height of 7 feet and pull same cases from 7 feet.
• Able to work in a sub zero Fahrenheit freezer for an hour or more at a time.
• Overhead lifting: 10% or more.
• Storing or removing product or equipment from shelves.
• Routinely on your feet throughout an 8 hour shift (often working alone during part of shift).
• Requires lots of walking throughout warehouse and in campus buildings with stairs
• Warehouse floor surface is concrete and is non-giving.
• Walking up and down stairs when retrieving product from storerooms, entering, and exiting the building.
• Works around slippery surfaces due to spills, dropped foods, and machine chemical spills. Potential hazardous areas of concern and exposure to equipment – uses or works near all of the following to receive orders, select products for transfers and to move deliveries by any of the following. Forklift, Powerjack walkie lift, Dock Plates, Truck gates, carts and ladders.
• Works around upright racks with wooden pallets that can be broken with exposed nails and sharp wooden shards
• Works around slippery surfaces due to spills, dropped foods, trips to dish room and pot sink to get equipment cleaned.
• Potential hazardous areas of concern and exposure to equipment – uses or works near all of the following to prepare and serve food:
• Fryolators, Grills, Ovens, Steamers, Wok Inductions, Knives, Slicing equipment, Heavy and large pots, pans
• Sharp edges from open cans, and Works around tables with corners. Ability to climb up onto the truck cargo compartment that is at a height of 4 feet.
• Walking on ice and or snow.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.