Job no: 493476
Work type: Staff Part-time
Location: South Hadley, MA
Categories: Dining Services, Hospitality
Position Type: Staff Part-time
Hours per week: 34
Weeks per year: 33
Work Schedule: Closing Shifts
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
This is a 33-week academic year position from September to May. Services may not be required when school is not in session. (I.e. fall, mid-semester break, Thanksgiving recess, December recess, January term, mid-semester spring break).
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position reports directly to the Dining managers and Assistant Directors.
- Typical Duties Include:
- Responsible for the operation of the computerized point of sale (POS) - cash register and all of its functions.
- Reconciles cash drawer, and department charges.
- Monitor meal plan transactions closely to ensure the student has an appropriate balance.
- Charges state tax appropriately. For example- never tax students or MHC dollars.
- Stock paper napkins and condiments as needed.
- Assists in cleaning the dish return area.
- Empties trash at the station, and refills sanitizer stations.
- Restocks fresh hand fruit.
- Must be able to work with others, including students, as well as work alone without supervision. Assists in the supervision and training of student workers.
- Routinely checks all tables and chairs to ensure they are cleaned and sanitized prior to, during, and after each meal period.
- Keeps all work areas clean, free of debris, and sanitized at all times.
- Fills out proper paperwork during each shift.
- At times, will provide direction to student staff and needs to maintain a high level of professionalism.
- Oversees the distribution and return of takeout containers and travel mugs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have cash-handling experience and be proficient in math.
• Familiarity with computerized POS cash registers with multiple payment methods.
• Must have good communication skills, both written and oral, with a sound understanding of the English language.
• Must be able to pass a physical examination without restrictions.
• Customer Service: Maintains an extraordinarily positive attitude in dealing with students and the public.
• Must be cooperative and willing to work with others.
• Must be able to give direction and instruct others.
• Must be neat in appearance and work habits, and must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by law.
• Must comply with proper dress code as designated by the Department.
• Routinely lifts/moves an average of 30 pounds.
• Lifting: 20% to 30% of the time at work (could require bending and twisting).
• Overhead lifting: 10% or more.
• Storing or removing products or equipment from shelves.
• Routinely on your feet throughout an 8-hour shift (could also be working alone during part of the shift).
• Requires lots of walking, a distance of approximately 25 feet.
• Floor surface is quarry tile and is non-giving.
• Walking up and down stairs when retrieving products from storerooms, entering, and exiting the building.
• Works around slippery surfaces due to spills, dropped foods, and trips to the dish room and pot sink to get equipment cleaned.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend