Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 40
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: 5x2
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
Do you have a keen attention to detail looking to work in the public safety industry? Join our team! The Mount Holyoke College Department of Public Safety and Service is looking for an Administrative Assistant. This will be a shared position during the summer with The Department of Health Services on campus.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Director
- Responsible for performing and completing or coordinating all administrative work (typing, mailing, copying, filing, etc.).
- Receives, sorts, and distributes U.S. and interoffice mail.
- Answer business phone lines, take messages; respond to inquiries, and exercises discretion in obtaining and providing factual/confidential information
- Performs calculations and/or analysis for payroll, payment of bills, and the like, for the department.
- Maintains routine records on personnel budgetary and/or purchasing transactions.
- Administers the parking office business
- Brings issues of concern to the campus to the Deputy Chief (or Manager of Administrative Operations).
- Monitors all office equipment; maintains and orders supplies as needed.
- Prepares and submits reports on department activities by quarter, month, and year as directed.
- Assists with coordinating the Director's schedule
- Schedule appointments and arrange for meetings, conferences, and travel schedules
- Type, proofread, edit, and prepare specific reports, confidential correspondence, and the like.
- Health Services summer hours June-August: Answer phones, review phone, and email messages, and respond to or disposition to appropriate CHS staff member to manage; print, scan, and/or upload documents for health clearance; with guidance from CHS admin team, prepares documents and reports related to MHC’s health requirements and CHS business; other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate must have experience working in a similar office environment with the ability to learn new processes quickly and be able to multi-task at a highly detailed level while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced setting. Excellent organizational and oral as well as written communication skills are necessary!
- College degree
- 3-5 years of office experience
- Knowledge of campus law enforcement practices and procedures
- MPAC Accreditation experience/knowledge
- Valid Driver's license
- High School Degree
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift/or move up to 30 pounds.
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.