Visiting Lecturer in Film Media Theater
Job no: 493813
Work type: Faculty Salaried Visitor Full Time
Location: South Hadley, MA
The Department of Film Media Theater at Mount Holyoke College seeks a three year Visiting Lecturer in Film Media Theater to begin July 1, 2024. The successful candidate will teach classes in theater history and theory, performance and any other area of expertise. There may be an opportunity to direct in the mainstage season, the candidate would be granted a course release for directing. This position will be assigned an instructional 3:2 workload.
Ideal candidates will have experience teaching and mentoring undergraduate students, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must possess a terminal degree (MFA or PhD) in Theater.
- The successful candidate should be excited about researching the best practices in theater literature, history, theory, and pedagogy, and are eager to be involved in the creation of diverse, equitable and inclusive performance/pedagogical practices.
- The successful candidate will have a record of ongoing creative and scholarly work.
- Teach five courses each year, which may include Intro to Theater, Theater History/Criticism, and Acting courses. Depending on candidate qualifications other courses of interest may include Voice & Speech, Playwriting and Intimacy Coordination.
- The successful candidate will be a scholar-artist, who specializes in traditionally underrepresented areas, including but not limited to, Asian/Asian American, Latinx/e, African Diaspora, and Indigenous peoples and/or other artistic practices and traditions outside of the Western canon.
- Seeking candidates who are excited about supporting the selection of plays for the mainstage season and engaging their students with these productions.
Candidates will submit a cover letter, CV, a document with links to your creative work, and three statements concerning (1) teaching philosophy, (2) research interests, and (3) a statement about mentoring a diverse student body. Please submit contact information for three references as part of your application. To be assured full consideration applications must be completed by March 1, 2024. Please contact Chair of Film Media Theater, Noah Tuleja at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Mount Holyoke is an undergraduate liberal arts college with 2,200 students and 220 faculty. Over half the faculty are women; one-fourth are persons of color. Mount Holyoke College is located about 90 miles west of Boston in the Connecticut River valley, and is a member of the Five College Consortium consisting of Amherst, Hampshire, Mount Holyoke, and Smith Colleges and the University of Massachusetts.
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend