Position Type: Staff Full-Time (Hybrid)
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Office of Communications and Marketing seeks a Multimedia Designer to help steward the Mount Holyoke brand through engaging and elevated design platforms across all digital applications. Under the direction of the Director of Branding and Creative Services, the Multimedia Designer conceptualizes, designs, and produces materials for a variety of communications channels, including web, social media, and video. The Multimedia Designer works within the College’s established brand aesthetic across all communication channels while bringing a fresh and innovative approach to the work.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary digital designer on the Creative Services team
- Create engaging on-brand digital design experiences, graphics, animations, and motion graphics for social, web, email, and other digital platforms as required
- Create short-form videos for social, web, and other digital platforms as required
- Develop short-form animations and motion graphics for social, web, and other digital platforms as required
- Capture short-form videos and photography of campus life and academics as assigned
- Collaborate with members of the creative team, content creators, and campus partners
- Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of a BA/BFA from a four-year college/university, accredited arts college, or design program; major, minor, or programmatic focus in graphic design is preferred
• 3-5 years of experience in digital/multimedia design with strong conceptual, design, and typography skills
• Thorough knowledge of Adobe suite, in particular Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, Final Cut, and Lightroom
• Experience creating static and animated graphics and multi-faceted design campaigns for digital platforms required
• Experience creating short-form videography (shooting and editing) required
• Experience creating short-form animation and motion graphics required
• Experience shooting and editing photography preferred
• Experience in web and mobile design preferred
• Thorough knowledge of email and newsletter design best practices preferred
• Experience with digital signage platforms and related technologies a plus
• Foundational knowledge of CSS and HTML a plus
• Must have strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Must have excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
• Must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Must have the ability to meet tight deadlines, manage multiple priorities and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
• Must have a proactive attitude and approach to problem-solving and addressing client feedback
• Must be able to take creative direction and feedback in a constructive manner
• Occasional weekend and evening work required.
• Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
• Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the
• discriminations in sound
• Employee operates office equipment and computers to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
• The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Mount Holyoke College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment, supported by qualified employees that will allow all of its students, faculty, staff and those associated with them to successfully carry out the mission of the college. As a condition of employment, the College will conduct appropriate background checks for all new hires. Mount Holyoke has designated the Office of Human Resources as the office responsible for ensuring that background checks (CORI, SORI, Credit History, & Driver Credential) are completed and utilized in the hiring process and Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management as the office responsible for facilitating background checks as articulated in this policy.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The College is committed to providing equal access and opportunity in employment and education to all employees and students. In compliance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status under federal, state or local law. The College does not discriminate on the basis of gender in the recruitment and admission of students to its graduate program.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.