The Mount Holyoke College Teacher Licensure programs are recognized as a model for the state and the nation for preparing new teachers to be successful and partnering with schools. The Master of Arts in Teaching program is hiring a Field Placement & Licensure Coordinator. This role is critical in supporting and advancing the quality of our teacher licensure programs. We are seeking someone as energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented as the program team is to coordinate our field placements, ensuring our students meet state licensure requirements.
Working directly with the MAT program directors, the Field Placement & Licensure Coordinator plays two critical roles on our team: communications and tracking the progress of our students. There are two primary responsibilities:
- You will be a key point of contact for our licensure program, working with our graduate students, the school personnel where they are doing their student teaching, and our partners at the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. You will do outreach, communicate, provide technical and administrative support, and follow up with our partners and constituents throughout the year.
- You will maintain and update records on field placements, track students' licensure progress, collect paperwork, perform academic and licensure audits, and compile reports as needed.
We have over 25 licensure areas and work with students and schools across Massachusetts. The successful applicant will have related knowledge and experience in an educational setting and professional office environment. This position requires strong communication, organization, and technology skills and an understanding of high-touch customer service, time management, positive interpersonal skills, and multi-tasking in a dynamic and busy environment.
At Mount Holyoke College, we prioritize the safety and well-being of our community members. To ensure this, we require all new hires, affiliates, and others to undergo comprehensive background checks before joining our institution. Our Office of Human Resources manages and conducts these checks, including screenings for CORI, SORI, credit history, and driver credentials. Additionally, the Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management works to coordinate and facilitate these checks in accordance with our policies.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Contact information for three professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The college is devoted to ensuring that all its employees and students have equal access to opportunities in education and employment. In accordance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate in employment against individuals based on their race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.