Position Type: Staff Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Weeks per year: 52
Work Schedule: M-F, 37.5 hrs
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The Facilities Management department supports the administration, faculty, staff, and students in the quality planning and development of facilities projects that support our mission. Our talented staff of approximately 140 FTEs (Cleaning, Mechanical Trades, Central Heating Plant, Grounds, Carpentry, Stockroom, EH&S, Fleet Services, and Mail Services are responsible for more than 2,000,000 SF of property in over 60+ major buildings and for maintaining more than 300 acres.
The Mail Driver supports the daily operation of the Mail and Copy Centers. The Mail Driver receives, processes, and sorts all faculty and staff mail and packages from all carriers. Deliver faculty and staff mail and packages to campus locations, including the science center. The Mail Driver reports directly to the Manager of Mail and Copy Services.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives, processes and sorts all faculty, staff and student mail and packages; prepares that mail for delivery to campus locations.
- Prepare mail to be loaded into the mail van and load the mail van.
- Drive College owned vehicle in order to deliver faculty, staff and administrative mail and packages to designated campus locations.
- Ensure proper handling and delivery of hazardous/perishable materials.
- Processes and researches shipments through other private carriers’ software applications.
- Provides guidance to student employees to ensure the orderly completion of tasks and smooth flow of customers.
- Resolves lost package issues with members of the community.
- Assist with customer service at the front service counter.
- Ensures delivery vehicle is maintained and clean.
- Safety training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
•Preferred at least 3 years of experience working in mail services or distribution but willing to train.
•3-5 years of similar driving experience
•A valid driver’s license and successful college credentialing is required
•Strong attention to detail
•Knowledge of current postal regulations, rates, and processes preferred but will train.
•Commitment to customer service and diplomacy, including strong interpersonal skills
•Possesses integrity, ethics, and respect for confidentiality
•Ability to work in a fast-paced, multifaceted organization
•Proficiency with using software including databases, electronics, and Microsoft products
•Able to work in a team environment, as well as individually
•Demonstrated ability to multi-task several assignments at the same time
•Essential job function requires sitting (driving) for long periods of time.
•Essential job function requires the operation of foot and/or hand controls.
•Frequently stand/walk, sit, perform computer tasks, use a telephone, and grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
•Occasionally twist/bend/stoop/squat, reach/work above shoulders, grasp forcefully, write by hand, sort/file paperwork, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the College will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
•Work is performed in interior/exterior environments in all weather conditions.
•Travel on campus to departments/buildings or local off-campus locations
At Mount Holyoke College, we prioritize the safety and well-being of our community members. To ensure this, we require all new hires, affiliates, and others to undergo comprehensive background checks before joining our institution. Our Office of Human Resources manages and conducts these checks, including screenings for CORI, SORI, credit history, and driver credentials. Additionally, the Five College Office of Compliance and Risk Management works to coordinate and facilitate these checks in accordance with our policies.
Special Instructions for Applicants
Apply online; application materials must include:
- A cover letter summarizing interests and qualifications
- A complete resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Contact information for three professional references
Mount Holyoke College is a women’s college that is gender diverse. The college is devoted to ensuring that all its employees and students have equal access to opportunities in education and employment. In accordance with state and federal law, Mount Holyoke College does not discriminate in employment against individuals based on their race, ethnicity, color, genetic information, sex, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, ancestry, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected status.
Mount Holyoke College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.